1 hr - 14 miles - on stationary bike. Knee is improving, slowly.
Instead of the squatting challenge this winter, I present you with the napping challenge!
Done and Done. I started the Plank challenge but it turned into this.
Oh, now *this* is my kind of challenge! And it won’t hurt my knees, either! :D BONUS!
Five nice things about myself - this may take a while.
1) My hair. I think I have great hair. Natural blonde, very long. I think about cutting it sometimes (I’ve done several “Locks of Love” donations) but it has to stay long enough to pull back in a ponytail.
2) I had the good sense to marry my soulmate. Does that count? I knew after our 3rd date that I wanted to marry him. We actually got married less than a year after we met. My husband is awesome. Looks like Hagrid from the Harry Potter movies (or, this time of year, Santa! Love his beard!). Wonderfully supportive, no matter how crazy my ideas must sound at times.
3) I learn handwork and crafts quickly and easily. I learned how to knit and crochet at a very young age (5 or 6) and have always been able to pick up new things. I’ve taught myself how to spin yarn, quilt, tat, a little bobbin lace, some woodworking, how to milk goats, all kinds of hand work.
4) I’m a fix-it person. I have taken apart & repaired (at minimum) a dishwasher, a washing machine (small nylon part in the agitator failed), a lawnmower, many treadle and vintage sewing machines, some computers, a couple of antique spinning wheels, and a very large antique incubator (for hatching chicks).
5) I love my animals! I grew up on a small farm, and wanted to be a vet for the longest time. Maybe explains why I have so many critters now (cf patient, supportive husband in #2 above).
I don’t generally tag people in memes, but if anyone else wants to answer, I can tell you I love reading these things!
peejaymc said:Wait. You have a 30 yr old son?
Yes! LOL! I have 3 kids - Ben is 30 and is a long-haul trucker. Mommy is so VERY proud of him! He calls me frequently, and his wife lives in the truck with him as his navigator. He even has a “truck dog” - a 6 year old Jack Russell he adopted, Cory.
Also a 21 yr old daughter, and a 16 yr old son. Noah, the 16 yr old, was born on the same day Ben started high school. The school gave him a hard time for not returning his paperwork at the start of the school year. I actually had to call them from the hospital and tell them that YES, I *did* just have a baby, and I’d fill out their *#$%*& paperwork when I got home! ;-)
Oh, several, mostly hand-me-downs. 16 yr old got a Galaxy S4 phone on Black Friday, so I “inherited” his barely-6-month-old iPhone 5. Picked up a Fitbit Ultra for free; “upgrading” to the Fitbit Flex when my 30 yr old son upgrades next week. Recent just-for-me tech includes a Windows 8 laptop (I’m trying to learn not to hate Windows 8; must say I love the touch screen!) and a Galaxy Note 8 tablet. Love the handwriting recognition (I had a VERY early handwriting-recognition laptop in the early 1990s - ate memory like tic-tacs) but overall I think the Nexus 7 is a better Android tablet.
Love the yarn you’re using! Let me know when you’re ready to end it and I can point you to a good video or two. Are you right- or left-handed? (Makes a difference in what video.) I don’t think you’re close, or I would be happy to come by and help! You’re not in New England, are you?
Just wanted to offer - if you need to ask someone something, I’m willing to be the go-between. Send me a question, and let me know who to ask. (Just ran into this myself.)
I just had the *most* fun doing my secret santa shopping! Need to remember to stop & get Christmas cards to mail out, too!
Still have some pain in the knee, so not running today. I considered driving down & picking up the shirt (an hour each way) but woke up to snow on the ground, and it’s not worth risking slippery roads for a t-shirt. Then my dad called & wants help with his computer, so I’ll be heading that way (an hour in the *other* direction) when it warms up a bit.
I’ve decided I’m definitely going back to the cross-training, and won’t be trying another running streak for a while. I’ll stick to doing bike & elliptical on my off days, to reduce impact.
So today my knee is about 60% better, but not all better. I’ve been wearing my knee brace all day (after icing yesterday following the gym visit that caused this). Tomorrow I’m supposed to be going to the Reindeer Run in Beverly, MA. I’m going to plan on going to Beverly, picking up the shirts and numbers for me & hubby (he already thinks he’s not going to make it because his back is acting up) and I’ll see if I feel up to running or walking the race. I’m tempted to say yes, I absolutely plan to run, but I’m trying to look long term. I have a 2-mile run on Dec 15 (through Christmas lights!) and I really want to be able to run that one! Maybe a few days of rest will make the difference between getting back to running sooner rather than later.